Hello to all, I hope the last article on Mock test has helped you to check your level. If you face any difficulty do let me know in the comment section below. Following test is based on Simplification, Probability and Average. So let us start.
1. If a/b = 1/3, b/c = 2, c/d = 1/2, d/e = 3 and e/f = 1/4, then what is the value of abc/def?
a. 1/4 b. 3/4 c. 3/8 d. 27/4 e. 27/8
2. The average of the ages of Sumit, krishna and Rishabh is 43 and the average of the ages of Sumit, Rishabh and Rohit is 49. If Rohit is 54 years old what is Krishna’s age?
a. 24 years b. 36 years c. 45 years d. Cannot be determined e. None of these
3. If a+1/b = 1 and b+1/c = 1, then c+1/a is equal to
a. 0 b. 1/2 c. 1 d. 2
4. The average of 6 observations is 45.5. If one new observation is added to the previous observations, the the new average becomes 47, The new observation is
a. 46 b. 50 c. 56 d. 58
5. A bag contains 4 red, 5 yellow and 6 pink balls. Two balls are drawn at random.What is the probability that none of the balls drawn are yellow?
a. 1/7 b. 3/7 c. 2/7 d. 5/14 e. 9/14
6. What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream? (2pt. = 1qt. and 4qt. = 1 gal.)
a. 16 b. 24 c. 30 d. 64
7. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
a. 2 b. 4 c. 70 d. 76
8. A bag contains 6 red balls 11 yellow balls and 5 pink balls. If two balls are drawn at random from the bag. One after another what is the probability that the first ball is red and the second ball is yellow
a. 1/14 b. 2/7 c. 5/7 d. 3/14 e. None of these
9. A canteen requires 798 bananas for a week. Total how many bananas did it require for the months of January, February and March 2008?
a. 10277 b. 10374 c. 10480 d. 10586 e. None of these.
10. The average of 80 boys in a class is 15. The average age of a group of 15 boys in the class is 16 and the average age of another 25 boys in the class is 14. What is the average age of the remaining boys in the class?
a. 14 b. 14.75 c. 15.25 d. cannot be determined.
11. An urn contains 6 red, 4 blue, 2 green and 3 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked up at random, what is the probability that 1 is green, 2 are blue and 1 is red?
a. 13/35 b. 24/455 c. 11/15 d. 1/13 e. none of these
12. The cost of 6 pencils is Rs 84. One third of the cost of one pen is equal to the cost of one pencil. What is the total cost of 4 pens and 5 pencils?
a. Rs 66 b. Rs 68 c. Rs 72 d. Rs 78 e. none of these
13. The average marks in Science subject of a class of 20 students is 68. If the marks of two students were misread as 48 and 65 instead of the actual marks 72 and 61 respectively, what would be the correct average?
a. 66 b. 68.5 c. 69 d. 69.5 e. 70
I hope the questions will help you to check your understanding. More questions, articles coming your way. So subscribe to http://banking.eckovation.com/ and do share it with your friends. Thank you. All the best.