Hello to all, my new article on SBI Bank PO Exams 2018 has been posted you can read all details at SBI PO Exams 2018: All you Need to know to get a clear idea on what is SBI Bank PO all about. Today I’m going to tell you a very interesting topic that is Time and Distance. Time and Distance is very important topic in Aptitude so learn all the concepts well and try to solve the questions that I will give you at the end of this article. So let us start with Time and Distance.
(i) Speed = Distance/Time, Time = Distance/speed, Distance = Speed * Time
(ii) x km/hr = (x * 5/18) m/sec
(iii) x m/sec = (x * 18/5) km/hr
(iv) If the ratio of the speeds of A and B is a:b then the ratio of the time taken by them to cover the same distance is 1/a : 1/b or b:a
(v) Suppose a man covers a certain distance at x km/hr and an equal distance at y km/hr. Then the average speed during the whole journey is (2xy/x+y) km/hr
1. A train travels 82.6 km/hr. How many metres will it travel in 15 minutes?
Solution: Distance travelled in 1 min. = (82.6/60) km
So the Distance travelled in 15 min. = (82.6/60 * 15) km = 20.65 km = 20.65 km = (20.65 * 1000) m
= 20650 m.
2. How many minutes does Aditya take to cover a distance of 400 m, if he runs at a speed of 20 km/hr?
Solution: Aditya’s speed = 20 km/hr = (20 * 5/18) m/sec = 50/9 m/sec.
Therefore Time taken to cover 400 m = (400 * 9/50) sec = 72 sec
3. A cyclist covers a distance of 750 m in 2 min 30 sec. What is the speed in km/hr of the cyclist?
Solution: Speed = (750/150) m/sec = 5 m/sec = (5 * 18/5) km/hr = 18 km/hr.
1. A speed of 30.6 km/hr is same as (R.R.B, 2008)
a. 5.1 m/sec b. 8.5 m/sec c. 110.16 m/sec d. none of these
2. A man riding his bicycle covers 150 metres in 25 seconds. What is the speed in km/hr? (S.S.C, 2005)
a.20 b.21.6 c.23 d.25
3. A bus covers a distance of 2924 km in 43 hours. What is the speed of the bus? (Bank Recruitment, 2008)
a. 60 km/hr b. 68 km/hr c. 72 km/hr d. Cannot be determined e. none of these
I hope you would have liked this article on time and distance. The next article will be on mock test. So prepare well and come. Thank you. All the Best.