Online Registration Date
The age of the candidate should be 21- 30 years (As on April 1, 2017)
|Category||Max Age Limit|
|Gen+ PwD||40 years|
|OBC+ PwD||43 years|
|SC/ST+ PwD||45 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||35 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service.||35 years|
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Those candidates who are in final year or semester may also apply.
Maximum Number of Attempts
|Category||Number of Attempt|
|SC/SC (PwD) – ST/ST (PwD)||No Restriction|
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of permissible chances are not eligible to apply. The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18 April 2010.
- Prelims and Mains exams will be held online.
- Candidate who will clear the prelims exams are eligible to appear in the mains exams.
- After clearing the mains exams, candidates will be called for the group discussion and interview.
- Final selection will be based on the mains exams, interview and group discussion.
SBI PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The Preliminary Exam would be Objective type for 100 marks & will be conducted online.
- Duration of exam would be 1 hour.
- Exam will have 3 sections such as : (1) English Language, (2) Quantitative Aptitude and (3) Reasoning Ability.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 Hour|
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern
- The Main Exam would be both Objective & Descriptive type for 250 marks & will be conducted online.
- Exam will have 4 sections such as: Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Economics & Banking Awareness English Language.
- Duration of exam would be 3 hour.
|Name of the Test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of
English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive
Penalty for Wrong Answers
- One-fourth (1/4)of the marks will be deducted as penalty for each incorrect answer.
- This is applicable to Preliminary and Main examination
Group Discussion & Interview
Group Discussion: 20 marks
Interview: 30 marks
- The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
- Candidates qualifying for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause.
- Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
- The marks obtained in the Mains Exam (Phase-II) will have 75% weightage
- The marks obtained in the Group Discussion & Personal Interview (Phase-III) will have 25% weightage
Syllabus for Pre and Mains Exams
- Verbal reasoning & Non Verbal Reasoning
- Coding & decoding
- Blood relations
- Sitting arrangements
- Series completion
- Decision making
- Statement reasoning
- Series completion, Classification
- Word formation
- Sentence completion
- Deriving conclusions
- Passage completion
- Error detection
- Passage correction
- Number system
- Roots & Averages
- Surds & Indices
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & work
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Time & Distances
- Problems on trains
- Boats & streams
- Allegation & mixtures
- Simple Interest & Compound interest
- Volume & surface area
Data Interpretation and Analysis
- Diagrams including Line charts, pie charts, bar charts and tabular data
- Probability and statistics
General and Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial/Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Who’s Who
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honours
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations
SBI PO Descriptive Paper
- Letter writing
- Essay and Paragraph writing
- Precis writing
- Reading comprehension.
Previous Year ( 2016) Cut off for Prelims and Mains Exam
SBI PO Cut off 2016 of Preliminary Exam
|Subjects||Total Marks||SBI PO 2016 Cut off marks Subject Wise|
Overall Cut off out of 100 marks
|Candidate’s Category||SBI PO 2016 Cut off for Preliminary out of 100|
SBI PO Pre Cutoff Marks out of 100 (category-wise)
SBI PO 2016 Mains Cut off (Subject-wise)
|Subject||Maximum Marks||SC /ST/ OBC/OH/VI/HI||General|
|Data Analysis & Intepretation||60||6||9|
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge||40||10||13|
|Total Cut Off||200||60||70|
SBI PO 2016 Descriptive and Interview Cut off
|GD & Interview||250||78||78.75||87.25||90||82.75||79.5||79.25|
|GD + Interview||50||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
SBI PO 2016 Final Cutoff
|Category||Cut off (Out of 100)|
Salary of SBI PO
According to this year’s notification regarding SBI PO Salary,
- The pay scale for SBI PO is:`23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- Presently, the starting basic pay is `27,620/- (with 4 advance increments).
- Not only this, The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
- The total compensation per annum would be a minimum of `7.55 lakhs and maximum of `12.93 lakhs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- Also, SBI plans to offer SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.