This is one of the most scoring parts of the paper. It is because they require a little study and practice and are long lasting in memory.
They are asked in many exams so we are usually prepared for some of the topics like a puzzle, word formation, series formation, etc.
Here are some of the topics which are frequently asked in SSC and Bank PO exams.
- Number based Puzzles ( basic algebra or patterns)
- Blood Relation ( Relation between two or more people developed)
- Missing Number or Series ( missing blank or next number in series asked)
- Non-Verbal Reasoning ( Ques like Complete the pattern, Assemble Image, Mirror Image, etc)
- Verbal Reasoning ( Questions on Statements and Conclusions, Statements and Inferences, etc)
- Arithmetic Reasoning ( Basic maths used to solve real-life problems)
- Paper Folding ( Asked on folding any given image, usually geometrical figures)
So for practice, I am providing a test below.I hope you all are able to solve it without much effort. In case you face any problem or want more practice test you can write down in the comment section below.
Q1. Kathir is senior of Ganesh. Ganesh is senior to Apparu. Apparu is junior of Raju. Raju is Junior of Ganesh. Who is the most senior?
Q2. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series at the given letter series shall complete it? b __ t __a__/___add __d/ be_ _ad?
Q3. DIRECTIONS: In questions, one or two statements are given, followed by three/four conclusions/Arguments, I, II, III and IV. You have to consider the statements to be true, even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given Conclusions/ Arguments can definitely be drawn from the given statement(s). Indicate your answer.
1. SAGE is a reputed publisher of both journals and books.
2. All publishing of SAGE is highly qualitative.
I. SAGE publishes qualitative articles.
II. SAGE did not publish lowest quality articles.
III. SAGE enriches its publications by high scrutinization
Q4. A Shepherd had 34 sheep. All but 18 dies. How many sheep were left?
Q5. Ritesh is performing yoga with his head down and legs up. His face is towards the west. In which direction will his left hand be?
Q6. Introducing a boy, a girl said, “He is the son of the daughter of the father of my uncle.” How is the boy related to the girl?
Q9. If 782 = 20 and 671= 17,
then 884 =?
- All conclusions are correct ( Use table approach or reduction)
- 18 ( all but 18 => 34-18= 16 died so 18 alive)
- 120 ( 5 × 7 × 1 => 35, 4 × 5 × 3 => 60)