Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Through the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail is going to be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Ensure you get your reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Beneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you are able to
- Look at the USCIS Electronic studying area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you’ll need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you may need, once we can get back requests that are precise.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified once we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Records which are significantly more than a century old
Details about our process that is FOIA or
Documents on the part of a known member of Congress
Immigration records by techniques apart from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to acquire records in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand which you:
Available records under area 508 of this Rehabilitation Act
- Subject line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater amount of effectively we are able to get back the documents you will need.
You can examine the status of a current FOIA demand regarding the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web web page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, it is therefore very likely to go quickly.
Elaborate request, therefore our review will probably just take an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand additional time than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, as you have actually a planned hearing with an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must consist of a duplicate of 1 associated with after kinds, released because of the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, together with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please look at the web site associated with workplace of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and federal agencies.
USCIS won’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa needs from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
You may if you have questions about your pending FOIA/PA request:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can only just respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other style of immigration matter.